Monday 3 August 2015

Finding Audrey - Sophie Kinsella


Genre: Young Adult

Back of the Book: (Source: Sophie Kinsella’s Website)
Audrey can't leave the house. She can't even take off her dark glasses inside the house.
Then her brother's friend Linus stumbles into her life. With his friendly, orange-slice smile and his funny notes, he starts to entice Audrey out again - well, Starbucks is a start. And with Linus at her side, Audrey feels like she can do the things she'd thought were too scary. Suddenly, finding her way back to the real world seems achievable.
Be prepared to laugh, dream and hope with Audrey as she learns that even when you feel like you have lost yourself, love can still find you...

What’s it about?
Finding Audrey is about a fourteen year old girl named Audrey who has social anxiety disorder. She views life through dark glasses thanks to a bad incident in her school. She has a loving family to support her in her time of need. She also meets Linus, cute note-writer and owner of an orange slice smile. Things seem better again.

My Review:
Finding Audrey is the first Young Adult book by one of my favourite authors of all time, Sophie Kinsella: Inventor of unique plotlines and writer of sweet and laugh-out-loud conversations. :)
The topic is something I, personally, haven’t read about in any other book before. Audrey is unlike other heroines her age. For me, despite what Audrey thinks about herself, she’s a brave person and puts herself out there when she’s ready for it. And I love that about her.
I also love how supportive her family is throughout the whole thing. They all have their own worries and issues but they never fail to pull through for her. Just the way she does for them when they need it. My favourite character is her older brother Frank who is equal parts comical and caring.
The conversations between Audrey and the other characters are sweet. I really enjoyed the simple exchange of notes in the book. In the era of text messaging and email, it is adorably charming. Sophie Kinsella has written another lovely book which joins my already full, specially dedicated “Kinsella” bookshelf. Looking forward to her next. :)

Favourite Character: Frank (Supportive, knows what he wants and is not afraid to go for it and funny!)

Favourite Quote: “I think what I’ve realized is, life is all about climbing up, slipping down, and picking yourself up again. And it doesn’t matter if you slip down. As long as you’re kind of heading more or less upwards. That’s all you can hope for. More or less upwards.”

I hope you like the improved version of my reviewing style. I thought I’d add a few elements that make me happy while I read a book like my favourite characters and quotes. :)
Picking up the next book from the TBR…
Until it’s done,

The Perennial Reader. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment